Sek arrived today, the first full-time robotic member of Roboskel.
Hardware-wise, Sek is featured and will support a wide range of development and demonsration activities:
- Hokuyo UTM 30LX laser range finder at the front
- An array of eight sonar range finders around his body
- An X-Box Kinect and an Andrea Superbeam mic mounted on a panning mast
- Roboteq motor controller and odometry encoder
- 6-axis IMU
- Infrared range finders, located at the bottom of his hull, to detect stairs
As Sek is custom-made there is no ROS stack for him yet, and developing one will be Roboskel’s top priority at this stage.